26/12/2015

PAGES 16 - 26

 
LOUHI (cond.)
(Tuts) Foolish man. (To KIJA) Oh do get rid of him,
he is so unbecoming with my décor. And when you've
done that go and get Visin.


KIJA
Your Highness.


KIJA bows his head, walks away and snaps his fingers to two GUARDS standing by the entrance to take the dead guards body away. The GUARDS carry the body out of the throne room.


NEITO enters and walks towards the table.



NEITO
Mother?


LOUHI
My darling! Come and have a look at this!


LOUHI turns the case to face NEITO.


LOUHI (cond.)
But don't touch!


NEITO has a closer look at the Uru.


NEITO
What is it?


LOUHI
This … my darling - is the future. I want you
to go and prepare your army. Very soon I
shall have a task for you.


NEITO
What are you planning?


LOUHI
All in good time. Go and get your men ready. Make
sure you are able to leave at a moment's notice.


NEITO
Where are we to go?



LOUHI
First to Asgard. And once I have the rest of their
precious wares we shall conquer even more.


NEITO
Are sure that is wise, Mother? Their army is
mighty. And they have a lot of allies.


LOUHI
Don't you think I know all that?! With the help of
this (touches the lid of the case) I will have something
never seen before … something that will make
any army in any realm … despair.


NEITO
Mother, I really don't think -


LOUHI
I am sick of looking at this miserable landscape! Now
we have a chance to … expand our horizons. You
will lead our troops to a glorious victory!


NEITO
Mother … please reconsider -


VISIN enters and bows his head.


VISIN
Your Highness?


LOUHI
There you are! I have what we talked about.



LOUHI casts a spell over the case of Uru. It crackles like electricity and changes colour to a dark red. LOUHI closes the lid of the case and pushes it towards the edge of the table. VISIN approaches the table.


LOUHI (cond.)
Get to work immediately and let me know when it’s ready.


VISIN
Yes, Your Highness.


VISIN takes the case, bows his head and leaves.


LOUHI
(to NEITO)
I promise you, it will be marvellous. You will have
many wonderful things to play with very soon.


CUT TO:


INT – VISIN'S LABORATORY IN LOUHI'S PALACE


VISIN is working feverishly at adding to the machine with the help of the other SCIENTISTS. They do all sorts of tests. They have all kinds of things and vials of liquid LOUHI has cast spells on to put into the mix with the Uru. Soon the Sampo produces weapons of great beauty and design coloured like quicksilver. They also make swords and shields.


VISIN
(To one of the other SCIENTISTS)
Go and get her. We are ready.



The SCIENTIST rushes out of the laboratory. VISIN looks at the weapons closely making some final touches. The other SCIENTIST returns with LOUHI after a short while. Her pet LYNX walks next to her. LOUHI approaches VISIN.


LOUHI
I hear you have something for me?


VISIN
Yes, Your Highness.


VISIN lifts up one of the weapons from a table.
LOUHI takes it from his hands.


LOUHI
Well look at this! Aren't you clever?


VISIN
Thank you, Madam ... it was the last piece really -
which is all down to you of course …


LOUHI
Oh, you flatter me. Now, where shall I test it?


VISIN
I think outside would be best. It is quite
powerful … I hope you will be pleased.


LOUHI
Shall we?


LOUHI leads the way out of the laboratory up a
staircase, VISIN and three other SCIENTISTS walk
behind her. Her pet LYNX walks next to her.
CUT TO:


EXT – THE GROUNDS OF LOUHI'S PALACE IN POHJOLA


LOUHI and her LYNX walk out from the palace followed by
the four SCIENTISTS. They all walk a short distance
from the palace into the grounds.


VISIN
(To LOUHI)
May I?


LOUHI lifts the weapon towards him and
gestures to him to go ahead.


VISIN (cond.)
You fire it by pressing here.
(He shows LOUHI the trigger)


LOUHI points the gun at massive tree and pushes the
trigger. The tree explodes into millions of tiny little
fragments which are not wood anymore but shimmering
particles. All that is left is a smouldering pile
of the particles on the ground where the tree stood.


LOUHI
Fabulous!


She points it to another tree and fires.
The same thing happens.


LOUHI (cond.)
Haha!

VISIN
I take it Your Highness is pleased?


LOUHI
Yes, this will do. Make as many of these as you
can and give them to Neito's men. Go!


VISIN
Yes, Your Highness.


VISIN bows his head and leaves, the other SCIENTISTS
bow their heads and leave behind him.


CUT TO:


INT – THE ASGARDIAN THRONE ROOM


LOKI is sitting on the throne. An Asgardian
HEAD GUARD enters and kneels in front of him.


GUARD
My Liege. We have a reason to believe The Mistress of
The North, Louhi of Pohjola is planning an attack.


LOKI
I see. And this is based on …?


GUARD
A case of Uru has gone missing from the artifacts vault.
I overheard my colleagues and it turns out they are not …
shall we say overjoyed that you are on the throne ...



LOKI
Hmm. How unfortunate for them. I assume you have
taken care of the situation?


GUARD
Yes, My Liege.


LOKI
And the Uru?


GUARD
They gave it to the Mistress and she is building weapons with it.


LOKI
Is she now? …


LOKI gets up.



LOKI (COND.)
That is all.


GUARD
My Liege.



The GUARD gets up, bows his head and leaves.



CUT TO:


INT – THE BIFROST DOME


LOKI enters with SIF, FANDRAL, VOLSTAGG and HOGUN.
HEIMDALL is in his usual spot.


LOKI
Heimdall.


HEIMDALL
My Liege.


LOKI
Can you see into Pohjola?


HEIMDALL
I can not. Louhi cast a spell hundreds of
years ago to block the view.


LOKI
Hmm. Troublesome. (To SIF) Go to Midgard
and get Thor. We are going to need him.


SIF
I don't think he will be interested -


LOKI
(Cuts SIF off in mid-sentence)
I don't care what he thinks. Tell him his
home is in peril. This is not about me
and him, this is about Asgard.


SIF
It's only a rumour … there might not be an attack.


LOKI
I'm not willing to take that chance.


SIF
My Liege.


HEIMDALL opens up the portal to Earth.
SIF leaves via the portal.


LOKI
(To FANDRAL, VOLSTAGG and HOGUN)
The rest of you, get ready. I will go to 
Pohjola to see the state of the play.


FANDRAL
How are you planning on doing that?



LOKI
I know a way.


CUT TO:


INT - THE LIBRARY IN THE ASGARDIAN PALACE


LOKI is looking at books on the shelves. He runs his fingers over some of them until he finds the one he is looking for. He takes a large leather bound book from the shelf and places it on the table in the middle of the library. He opens the book and runs his finger under some text. He closes the book, walks over to the wall and moves his hand across it. Some ancient text appears on it. A portal opens up, shimmering like the northern lights. He walks into it. The portal closes.


CUT TO:


INT - JANE'S HOUSE ON EARTH, THE LOUNGE


THOR is sitting on a sofa wearing a Superman apron. He is watching an old re-run of “Friends” on television. Behind the sofa there is an ironing board with a iron standing upright on it and a big basket full of clothes next to it.


SIF enters from the kitchen.


SIF
Thor?


SIF looks puzzled … Thor is ironing?
Watching TV? Superman?


THOR
Ah, hello Sif! What brings you here?


SIF
There is a rumour that Louhi, the ruler
of Pohjola, is planning on attacking
Asgard. Loki sent me to get you.


THOR
That's too bad. I told him not come to me for help.


SIF
Yes, well, this is not about you two, it's about our home.


THOR
I don't want to leave Jane. She is expecting our child.


SIF
(Visibly upset given her feelings for Thor)
Oh. Congratulations. But none the less … please.


THOR
Can't I at least watch the end of this? (Points to the TV)


SIF
We need you now.


THOR
Very well.


THOR gets up, turns the TV off with the
remote and takes the apron off.


THOR (cond.)
But if you see Loki before me tell him if
we win he gives up the throne.

SIF
Very well.


THOR
Jane? Jane? (No answer) (To SIF) I'll leave her a note.


No comments:

Post a Comment